However, in case you still low-key feel guilty for not attending, consider this your lucky day! Seedstars MENA is coming back to Bahrain, bigger and better than before! The event aims to find the most innovative startups in emerging markets and showcase the potential of entrepreneurship in the region. The first two days are specific for selected startups, as they will join a two-day Boot camp, meet investors and attend workshop sessions.
The Seedstars MENA event is organized by CH9 in partnership with Economic Development Board, StartUp Bahrain, U.S Embassy, Tamkeen, Maya Delices, AWS, Arabnet, Wamda, Startup Scene, TRECC, Merck and the School of Management Fribourg. It is ecstatic to see the support the startup scene has been receiving regionally and globally, as it is StartUp Bahrain’s mission to promote the startup culture in the Kingdom.
So mark your calendars on December 14th because Bahrain is hosting Seedstars MENA Regional Summit for the second time at CH9 Hub in Amwaj. Trust us, you do NOT want to miss the best startups pitching from MENA region and representing their countries in Switzerland next spring to compete for $1M in investment.
Not convinced just yet? Well, here are 8 main reasons why you should go to Seedstars MENA this month:
- Uncover the best startups around you – Discover some of the most promising startups in the region. At the end of the day, these startups will compete for $1M next year, so each one of them has a unique feature about it. Two Bahraini startups are participating this year, WNNA and Fish.me Inc alongside some regional startups such as Junkbot Robotics, Vision in Motion, Paymes and more!
- Learn from others’ mistakes and successes – Let’s say you have an idea but don’t know how to execute it properly, this is the perfect opportunity for you to have your doubts cleared. Even if you are an established startup and still confused on how to reach a bigger audience, it’s never too late for you to learn and ask. Whether this means learning from other’s mistakes, how to pitch confidently, or challenging yourself to think outside of the box, Seedstars MENA will help you move on the right track with any future plans or ideas you have in mind.
- Get inspired and take action – There is a good chance you get inspired by what you see. You will be surrounded by like-minded, inspiring individuals, which is the perfect environment to get your creative juices flowing. Hey, you might even create a startup and compete next year!
- Have a crystal clear perception of the startup scene – it is important to have a deeper understanding of the startup dynamics, new innovation trends, and opportunities in MENA. Ultimately, these sessions are delivered by experts who are up-to-date with the latest trends, not only in MENA but on a global scale, and can guide you on the different opportunities that you can take.
- A list of top-notch speakers – The list of speakers is dynamic and vibrant, as it consists of international names such as Seedstars World CEO Alisée deTonnac, to regional names, including Wamda’s senior editor Reine Farhat, to local businesses and entities as EDB‘s Managing Director Simon Galpin and founder of Sandwich Guys Sinan Khatib are on the speakers list. Click here to know who else is involved.
- Network – Meet world-class mentors, investors, leading ecosystem players and business leaders, who will shape you and your ideas even further. The list of mentors includes Co-founder of Seedstars Pierre-Alain Masson, CEO of Seedstars World Alisée deTonnac and CFO Charlie Graham-Brown. In addition to more notable names in the industry.
- Network x2 – Foster collaboration and investment opportunities and enable valuable connections and relationships with other serial entrepreneurs, mentors, and investors. Remember for personal or business success, connection’s the key!
- Witness history! – Seedstars MENA includes startups from Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, and Turkey. The startups from those respective countries will compete against each other and the rest of the world, so you might witness history as one of them could be crowned the winner of the world’s biggest startup competition in emerging markets.
So have you registered yet? If not then what are you waiting for? Click on the following link to register and to learn more about the startups competing, the speaker’s list and mentors.
If you still can’t make it, we’ve got you covered! Follow Startup Bahrain on Instagram and stay tuned for the live coverage!