RISE Hong Kong, the largest tech conference in Asia is kicking off today and StartUp Bahrain is super pumped to take part in it. The conference will start today, July 9th until July 12th and it’s going to host more than 15,000 attendees, 350+ speakers, 700+ journalists from more than 100+ countries!
The RISE Conference is held every year by the team behind Web Summit. It’s the perfect gathering of the world’s biggest companies and innovative startups, where they come all the way to Hong Kong to share their stories and experiences with the audience.
We can’t help but be very excited for the event, and you should too, here’s why:
- Some of our cool Bahraini startups are taking part in RISE. Not only is StartUp Bahrain going to be there, but so would five of our incredible startups. These include WNNA, Akalati, Citipal, CTM360 and Nakheel.
- It’s the perfect chance to meet and network with awesome people. The RISE Conference is going to be filled with interesting international people across various fields including technology, FinTech, business, media, and a lot more. It’s where you get to interact and connect with like-minded people and learn from their expertise. Who knows, one might find their potential business partner there!
- Big Companies are going to be exhibiting at RISE. Google, Mercedes-Benz, IBM, AWS, KPGM, BMW, Microsoft, and more are going to be there as well. We don’t know about you, but we’re excited to be amongst such great well-established companies.
- Brinc is going to be hosting a Founders & Investors Night. To celebrate tech enthusiasts, Brinc will be hosting this event at their office in Hong Kong, for all attendees and delegates participating at RISE. The event will be held on Tuesday, July 10 from 6:30 PM to 10 PM. You can register for it here.
- The Bahrain Economic Development Board will have a fireside chat on “Bridging Asia and the Middle East: A Bahrain Perspective” hosted by Metta. Now you wouldn’t want to miss a chance to hear all about how Bahrain can help your business grow, now would you? The session is going to cover topics on Bahrain’s Regulatory Sandbox, how it’s an ideal hub for startups, and the number of companies who decided to open in Bahrain. The session is going to feature Pakiza Abdulrahman, Manager, Business Development – ICT/Startups from EDB Bahrain, and Lawrence Morgan, CEO of Nest, and moderated by Amanda Williams, Head of Nest Innovation. It will be held on Wednesday, July 11 from 6 PM to 9 PM. Register for it here.
We’re pretty psyched for the event and can’t wait for it to kick off! Make sure you follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn to follow our live coverage of the RISE Conference. You can also find us through the hashtags #StartUpBahrain and #RISEConf.