Under the patronage of H.E. Sh. Hisham bin AbdulRahman Al Khalifa, the Governor of Capital Governorate, the Manama Entrepreneurship Week is going to be held from October 28th to November 2nd of this year. It will include a ton of highly valuable, informative, and insightful sessions and workshops for entrepreneurs on entrepreneurship, virtual reality, startups and more! Excited yet? Register here! Want more information? Read on.
The Manama Entrepreneurship Week is a platform that encourages young entrepreneurs to thrive by showcasing leading regional and international success stories and connecting them with a number of support and business acceleration mediums available in Bahrain. Last year’s MEW event included several symposiums and open talks by different entities such as Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance (BIBF) in Juffair, the Capital Club at Bahrain Financial Harbour (BFH) and the Applied Science University (ASU) in Eker.
This year’s event is going to be much more fun because, for one whole week, the MEW team has organized various events seminars, workshops and conferences to promote and nurture the entrepreneurship ecosystem within the Kingdom.
We at StartUp Bahrain are super pumped up for that week and decided to compile a list of reasons as to why you should certainly and without a doubt NOT miss out on this week:
- The opening of the conference is going to be packed with awesome talks and panel discussions including a story about “The Rise of Carriage” by Abdulla AlMutawa, Co-Founder & CEO of Carriage; and a panel discussion on “When to take the Leap” by Nick Barnard, Co-Founder & MD of Rude Health, Sawsan Al Husseini, Managing Director of Gulf Genetics W.L.L., Kurt Johnsen, CEO of Simplified Genetics and Founder of American Power Yoga, and moderated Hisham Abu AlFateh.
- On the first day of MEW, the week’s going to include demos of VR solutions throughout the entire day! We don’t know about you, but we sure like some VR!
- There’s going to be a Gala Dinner at the Ritz Carlton on the day of the opening where you get the chance to network and socialize with other entrepreneurs, startups, investors, venture capitalists.
- The 2nd ICT Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum will be held the next day at Sheikh AbdulAziz Hall, Sakhir Campus, at the University of Bahrain. The forum will cover success stories of entrepreneurs, how one can learn from their failures, funding startups and a lot more!
- Member of CROC’s Senior Management Ruslan Zaedinov of DDG International Development of NGN International will be delivering a workshop on “Virtual Reality is Not a Game Anymore” followed by some cool demonstrations of virtual reality solutions will be held on October 30th at the Bahrain Polytechnic.
- There’s going to be a “Pitching 101” session by Koussay Hammoudeh, Managing Partner of Square One Business Initiatives, in addition to “Building Cross-Cultural Competence for Business Communication” session by Katarzyna Richter Cross-Cultural Psychologist & Founder of Deal with Culture. Both are going to be held on 31st October, at the Bourse Auditorium, 4th floor, The Harbour Gate, Bahrain Financial Harbour
- A workshop about “Social Media Toolkit for Entrepreneurs” by Ali Sabkar Co-Chair of Social Media Club Inc. on 1st November at AlMajlis, Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) Tower.
- A workshop by Tamkeen discussing the programs and opportunities they have for Entrepreneurs. It’s going to be held on 2nd November, at the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce & Industry (BCCI) Tower
What are you waiting for, grab your friend and register for the event now! Seats are limited!