Flat6Labs Bahrain, one of the most prominent accelerator programs and seed investment companies in the region, successfully wrapped up its fourth cycle earlier this month.
Seven innovative and highly promising startups participated in the follow-up Digital Demo Day last Tuesday to demonstrate their products/services and business models to hundreds of registered online attendees.
Collectively, the seven participating startups represented a diverse range of industries and sectors including HealthTech and telemedicine, EduTech, F&B, FashinTech, Fitness Applications, Exergaming, and more.
Overall, more than 1,100 startups applied to be a part of the program, of which, 28 were handpicked. Upon graduation, each of these startups received $32,000 in seed investment in addition to a slew of other perks such as rigorous coaching, exposure to quality growth hacking techniques, and more.
Of the final 28, the seven top-performing startups were shortlisted for the first Digital Demo Day. They were:
- BeanBoat: A platform that empowers coffee farmers to have fair and direct access to the market, thus weeding out the unnecessary middleman.
- Doctori: A mobile-based service to offer patients on-demand access to a doctor via live video chat.
- FX: An online platform focused on helping out businesses look after the physical and mental fitness of their employees.
- GymClass: It is a multi-pass fitness app that gives you access to hundreds of gyps and classes under one membership.
- Sept: A personalized online shopping venue featuring the best work from the best designers across the world
- Tots: An app-based service that helps parents discover and book various activities and events for their children.
- Unipal: Web and app-based platform that provides students with exclusive discounts and offers using a unique digital ID.
For those of you interested, here’s a detailed account of the first-ever Flat6Labs Bahrain Digital Demo Day.