So what’s all the fuss about AIM Startup Competition? Well, for starters the AIM Startup is an initiative by the UAE Ministry of Economy, under the Patronage of H.H. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai; introduced to matchmaking innovative startups with hungry investors and business partners from all around the world!. In other words, the AIM Startup acts as a platform for startups seeking funding, expanding into new horizons or even attracting major investors and global business leaders!
This year, 200 startups are competing under one roof with exposure to a global audience of 19,000+.
If that doesn’t get your heart pumping, wait till you find out which 5 Bahraini-based startups are competing in the AIM Startup competition! And hear what they have to say about the AIM Startup Competition :
- Alrawi – A Mobile book app offering Arabic audio books scalable to be multilingual, is developed based on latest technology offering executive world-best sellers to users. The aim of Alrawi is to provide life-changing experiences thus, educating the users through access to e-books.
- Inagrab – An online platform that offers personalized recommendations from a robot that relies on real-time market trends and data, communicated to their clients, ultimately supporting them in promoting their products globally. Co-founder Hussain Haji exclaims, “It was an amazing event with so many new faces! AIM Startup is an event to keep an eye on your yearly schedule!”. Hussain added, “A great 4 days in Dubai! AIM startup is an amazing platform and I wish we can replicate in Bahrain!”
- The Stories Studios – With the motives of creating games for impact, The Stories Studio’s unique concept utilizes video games to tell stories in order to engage and inspire users and raise awareness of the real-life events that occur in today’s world to ultimately have an impact on a global scale. Saba Saleem, co-founder of The Stories Studios, tells us her experience at the AIM Startup “The event exposed us to many opportunities and solid connections. Our startup is in the gaming industry which is very new to the region, but still, we came across people who can be potential partners. It was also great to be with other brilliant Bahraini startups and together we validated the high quality of businesses coming out from Bahrain”. Saba added, “Thank you. It was such a great experience. In sha Allah they’ll be fruitful”.
- Almaqabi – Offers support to SMEs and startups by providing digital solutions through various services like audit and accounting advisory. They also offer support to GCC students with CPA exams review and collaborate with top universities to enrich the educational systems.
- uTrack TV – is an online TV app that provides the highest quality content from the Middle East & the world, focusing on motorsports, sports and entertainment, original documentaries, film series and more.
The StartUp Bahrain community is where all the startups, entrepreneurs, investors, accelerators and mentors share a common vision. Time and time again, the community witnesses innovative startups emerging in the market.
The theme for this year’s AIM Dubai Startup Competition is – “Technology For Sustainable Development And Inclusive Growth”, our startups proudly believe that their concepts stand out of the crowd and are ones to keep an eye for.
Creator’s, innovators and masterminds are competing under one roof as we speak! Working towards a brighter future by developing solutions to the pain points we encounter in our everyday lives.