It’s only a matter of days until the Technology Week Pavilion. It’s going to be a fun week packed with incredibly cool and not-to-miss panel discussions, talks and workshops that bring together entrepreneurs, technology-centric and digital startups.
Running from 25th to 28th September, the Technology Week Pavilion will be two minutes away from the Four Seasons Hotel Bahrain Bay. The pavilion is part of Bahrain’s Technology Week which will be kicking off on 25th September with the MENA region’s first AWS Summit, and ending with the MITEF Innovation Forum on the 27th and 28th September – both taking place in the Four Seasons Hotel Bahrain Bay.
The Technology Week Pavilion is held in collaboration between the Bahrain Economic Development Board, Amazon Web Services, and the StartUp Bahrain community. Throughout the week, the pavilion will be hosting a lot of fun filled activities ranging from panel discussions, talks, and workshops.
Amongst the many speakers, we’ve highlighted five that we think you should absolutely NOT miss throughout next week’s startup activities:
- H.E. Khalid Al Rumaihi,Chief Executive, Bahrain Economic Development Board: H.E. Khalid Al Rumaihi will be giving out the opening speech at the AWS Summit, the MITEF Innovation Forum and the Technology Week Pavilion.
- Teresa Carlson, Vice President, Worldwide Public Sector, Amazon Web Services: She’ll be giving an opening speech at the AWS Summit and at the Technology Week Pavilion, along with being the Keynote Speaker at the “Women in Tech” talk that’s organized by C5 Accelerate.
- Remy Kesrouani, Partner, Calibrate Management Ltd: He’s taking part in the MITEF Innovation Forum and will be holding a panel discussion with Safwan Shah about how FinTech is redefining asset management, moving us a step closer towards the future.
- Hala Fadel, Chair of MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab & Managing Partner at Leap Ventures: She’ll be giving the opening speech at the MITEF Innovation Forum and will be around at the panel discussions and talks to have a chat with you. Register now!
- Martin Wulfert, Operating Executive, Investcorp: Martin will also be at the MITEF Innovation Forum and will be one of the panelists in a panel about cybersecurity and how one can protect their brand, product and data online and offline, alongside Richard Cremona, CEO of OpSec Security Inc., Najwa Aaraj, CyberSecurity Expert, and Gilbert Kamieniecky, Managing Director of Investcorp.
- Omar Al Suadodi, CEO, PayFort (recently acquired by Amazon through the Souq acquisition): is going to give a talk organized by Rowad, about the successes, failures, lessons, and challenges behind PayFort.
That’s not all though. There’s going to be more speakers at the Technology Week Pavilion, as well as more events and activities. Join us there and don’t miss out on the biggest action-packed week for startups in Bahrain.
Don’t forget to follow StartUp Bahrain on Twitter and Instagram for full live coverage of the Technology Week Pavilion. And make sure to use #TechWeekBH in your posts – one of our lucky followers might win a cool device by Batelco!