StartUp Bahrain Week brings you some of the best local, regional and international speakers. Running from the 3rd to the 8th of March, a fun week packed with awesome activities, including a gaming conference, Startup Evenings, a Rowad talk, a startup bootcamp by CH9 and YoStartups, unbound Bahrain and so much more! Don’t forget to register for the events here!
StartUp Bahrain Week is held under the patronage of His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander and Chairman of the Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB), and its organized by the EDB, and the community-led initiative StartUp Bahrain, in strategic partnership with Tamkeen.
Did we mention that the week has a number of influential speakers lined up for you? We’ve highlighted 7 speakers that you’d have to think TWICE about missing out on:
- H.E Khalid Al Rumaihi, Chief Executive, Bahrain Economic Development Board: H.E Khalid Al Rumaihi will be giving out a keynote speech on Wednesday, March 7th at unbound Bahrain in the Bahrain International Circuit.
- Fadi Ghandour, Executive Chairman of Wamda Group: Fadi is also the Founder and a Board Member of Aramex, Abraaj Capital, Endeavor Global and the Board of Trustees at the American University of Beirut (AUB). He’s one of the panelist in “Creating a Self-Sustaining Culture of Entrepreneurship” panel discussion, held on Tuesday, March 6th at Follow the Leaders Conference held in Shaikh Ebrahim Center for Culture & Research.
- Ameera Hiary, Chief Operating Officer at liwwa: Ameera is a seasoned management professional with 10 years of experience at fortune 100 companies including Citigroup, The Boston Consulting and JP Morgan. She will amongst a panel discussion titled “The Future of Finance” which will be held on Wednesday, March 7th at unbound Bahrain in the Bahrain International Circuit.
- Mona Ataya, Bayt.com Co-Founder, Mumzworld.com CEO & Founder: Oe of the leading entrepreneurs and a role model within the MENA region. She first started out at P&G, then started working for Johnson and Johnson, to later on become a co-founding member at Bayt.com and the CEO and founder of Mumzworld.com. Mona will be one of the panelist in “The Electronic Silk Road” panel discussion, held on Wednesday, March 7th at unbound Bahrain in the Bahrain International Circuit.
- Ben Butler, Global Technical Lead, Customer Accelerator and Innovation Centers Worldwide Public sector, Amazon Web Services: He was previously the Vice President of Business Development and Solutions Architecture at REAN Cloud, and a Senior Solutions Marketing Manager, Big Data and HPC at Amazon Web Services. Ben will be joining us from AWS at the next Startup Evenings by Startup MGZN on Monday, March 5th at Arcapita.
- Benjamin Ampen, Revenue & General Manager MENA, Twitter: Since joining Twitter in 2012, Benjamin launched the company’s activities in France, Spain, the Netherlands, Germany and Italy. He then moved to Dubai in 2015 to build and manage Twitter’s operations in the Middle East. Benjamin will give a keynote speech on “Next Level Customer Engagement” on Wednesday, March 7th at unbound Bahrain in the Bahrain International Circuit.
- Lana Al-Attar, Founder at Gud Juju: She also founded Tasafah.com, a marketplace that also companies and individuals to start selling products and book services online. Lana is also a Global Shaper at the Manama Hub Global Shapers Community. Lana will be amongst a panel discussion titled “Female Entrepreneurship in the Kingdom of Bahrain” which will be held on Thursday, March 8th at unbound Bahrain in the Bahrain International Circuit.
That’s not all though. There are going to be many more speakers during StartUp Bahrain Week. You can find out more about them here. And don’t forget to register for the events at www.startupbahrainweek.com.