We get it, running a startup is hectic and consumes nearly all of your time. No social life, little to no time to yourself, your mind is filled with numbers and figures, and it goes on. But what if we tell you there’s a way to making it worth it, to get you some cash to help you grow over the year. No joke, you can seriously get up to $25,000. Read on.
But first, do you recall FACE-OFF ON THE BAY’s pitching competition and how amazing it was? Well, C5 Accelerate and brinc are kicking off the second edition of the competition, FACE-OFF ON THE TRACK which will be held during the StartUp Bahrain Week, at unbound Bahrain on March 7 & 8th at the Bahrain International Circuit.
StartUp Bahrain Week is held under the patronage of His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander and Chairman of the Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB), and its organized by the EDB, and the community-led initiative StartUp Bahrain, in strategic partnership with Tamkeen. It will begin this coming Saturday, 3rd March, until the 8th – during this week, you absolutely won’t be able to dare say there’s nothing going on in Bahrain. You can check out the week’s agenda here!
But let’s get back to what you’re really here for: Some good cash for your startup to reward you for all your hard work and innovation. Here’s all you need about the pitch competition:
- It’s open for local and international startups. The selection criteria is as follow:
1. You need to be a tech or tech-enabled startup.
2. You need to be at the seed stage or scale-up stage.
3. Not only will you get a chance to pitch in this competition, but you’ll also meet investors, have the incredible opportunity of running your new dazzling ideas by the industry’s leaders.
- Here’s what you can win: There will be a winner from each of the categories, seed stage and scale-up.
- First place will win $25,000 in cash from Tamkeen.
- Second place will win $10,000 in cash from Tamkeen.
- A Cloud10 Scalerator scholarship for the most innovative startup.
- brinc Acceleration IoT program fast track, based on completion of the selection process.
- And here’s the rundown of what’s going to happen during FACE-OFF ON THE TRACK. The competition will be divided into two rounds, where eight startups will compete, with two winners from each round.
- Round 1: The two groups of eight startups will present their startups on stage for three minutes, followed by a Q&A session by the judges on March 7th.
- Round 2: The top four teams from both groups will go compete against each other to win up to $25,000 in cash prizes.
So do you have what it takes? Then show us what you got and apply for FACE-OFF ON THE TRACK here. You can find out more about the competition judging criteria and agenda, in the application form. Hurry up and apply, the deadline is in TWO days!
Did you get your tickets yet for unbound Bahrain? You now can get it for FREE by using the promo code STARTUPBAHRAIN100. Get your FREE ticket over here!
And make sure you follow us on our Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for some awesome live coverage of all the events taking place during StartUp Bahrain Week – including unbound Bahrain! You can also visit www.startupbahrainweek.com to learn more about what’s happening during StartUp Bahrain Week, and keep an eye on #StartUpBahrainWeek to track the latest developments.