A couple of days until the Technology Week Pavilion kicks off. It’s going to be an exciting week packed with awesome startup and technology related events for startups, entrepreneurs, investors, and the entire StartUp Bahrain community.
The week of events is going to run from 25th to 28th September, at the Four Seasons Hotel Bahrain Bay, kicking off with the AWS Summit, which will be held in Bahrain for the first time in the Middle East, and concluding with the exciting MITEF Innovation Forum.
If you’re a Bahrain based startup, we have news for you. The week’s ongoing activities will take place at the Technology Week Pavilion – from panel discussions, to inspirational talks, to an exciting pitch competition with over $75,000 in prizes to be won, and much more!
Yep, you heard right. And this is not all, there are many more reasons why you and your startup should be there at the Technology Week Pavilion. Here are the top reasons why you should exhibit:
- Be eligible to pitch your startup at the StartUp Bahrain competition. During the Technology Week Pavilion, the “FACE-OFF ON THE BAY” competition is being organized by Brinc, a global IOT accelerator in Bahrain, and C5 Accelerate, a technology innovation firm and an architect of the Cloud10 Scalerator program. Bahraini and international tech and tech-enabled companies will be pitted against each other for the title of “StartUp Bahrain Champion” and a whopping $50,000 first place cash prize. More on that here, and don’t forget to register, the deadline is nearing!
- Incredible exposure and attention (free marketing) at Bahrain’s biggest week of events and activities for startups and technology companies. Getting traction, building a network, and making sure you have the right eyes on your startup is not easy. The amount and kind of people at the Technology Week Pavilion could make this process much smoother. You get to exhibit your startup to a big audience, from media and investors, to the StartUp Bahrain community at large.
- Finding “the” investor. That’s right, in order to help resolve the constant struggle technology companies face to raise capital, you need to find the right investors first. Where better than an event that aims to bring together the entire StartUp Bahrain community to network, listen to startup pitches, exchange ideas and more. Through the Technology Week Pavilion, you get that chance. Bahrain is all about connections, and meeting the right people can help open many doors for you.
- Finding the almost mythical perfect co-founder. The expected foot traffic during the week of the Technology Week Pavilion should surely increase your chances of mingling with people who are like minded, smart, and as ambitious as you are. What if that debate over the latest trend in cryptocurrency turns into you finding the perfect co-founder within the StartUp Bahrain community? It’s all about opportunities like these! If you’re looking for a technical co-founder, check out point six!
- Mingle with your startup peers! Other startups from the StartUp Bahrain community will also be exhibiting at the Technology Week Pavilion. A little bird told us that the following are exhibiting next week (to name a few):
- Malaeb, a Bahraini community app for football players. Book fields instantly and with ease. Create and manage your teams and also search and challenge other teams and more!
- WNNA, a Bahraini startup that’s an AI driven contextual search that utilizes Big Open Data & Semantic Web to provide users with personalized actionable recommendations.
- Drie, A European based computer and network security startup that recently moved to Bahrain. It provides companies with a secure cloud platform to run their applications on.
- Inagrab, a Bahrain-based startup that is a platform that allows the online shopper to find the best deal in the shortest time possible.
- Baqala, a Bahrain-based startup that allows you to buy fresh fruits and veggies, home essentials and more, and gets them delivered to wherever you are.
- Fleek, a Bahraini startup that’s bringing MENA’s beauty & wellness industry online and helping businesses in that industry grow.
- Rub shoulders with international minds. Guess who else you will be around during that week? Just hundreds of smart individuals from the region and beyond who are here to attend the MENA region’s first AWS Summit and the MITEF Innovation Forum which are both taking place two minutes away at the Four Seasons Hotel Bahrain Bay. The summit will bring together the cloud computing community to connect, collaborate and learn more about Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Bahrain, for the first time in the Middle East. Attendees will be spending a full-day with AWS experts to learn how Amazon’s customers are innovating and growing their businesses through AWS.
- Finally, why not? There’s going to be lots of prizes to be won, through the competition and otherwise, from $50,000 in cash and a trip to Web Summit Lisbon, to AWS credits, iPhones, and more. There’s going to be live music towards the end, delicious food trucks outside including Noodle Wok, Baskin Robbins, Sandwich Guys, Paddock Cafe, Villa Mama’s, and the cosy Grind Cafe inside the pavilion for that extra dose of energy.
If you’re a startup interested in exhibiting at the Technology Week Pavilion, then make sure to hurry up and contact Pakiza Abdulrahman from StartUp Bahrain before all the spots gets taken!
And don’t forget to follow StartUp Bahrain on Instagram and Twitter for some awesome live coverage of the entire four days of the Technology Week Pavilion. Oh, and make sure to mention #TechWeekbh on your social media posts. One of our lucky followers will get a device from Batelco.
Hope to see you all there!