What if we told you that you could win a luxury trip to Dubai? Or get an exclusive meet up with WOMENA, the women-only angel fund, and accelerator or have access to an independent working space at Brinc to build and grow your startup? Well, the Women Power Summit makes all that possible!
Before we get into the details, let’s familiarize ourselves with the initiative. Women Power Summit is a platform, organized by Obai & Hill and Imtiaz For Her for the entrepreneurial-driven spirits that open doors to women by empowering, connecting and inspiring them around the globe!
Now for the exciting part! The summit is hosting a 2-day Power Pitch Competition! for innovative females with entrepreneurial minds!
Here’s all you need to know about the competition:
May 6 to May 7
Sunday – 11 AM to 4 PM
Monday – 11 AM to 4:30 PM
Here’s how the application process works in 3 simple steps:
- Complete the online application form here. (Every Section is crucial to be filled in, your application will be rejected if you miss any part!). – Deadline is on May 1.
- The candidates will be notified via an email no later than Friday, May 4 regarding their approval.
- Submit your Pitch Deck – Check below for the deck guidelines.(If you fail to bring your Pitch Deck you will be disqualified!). Deadline is on May 5.
Pitch Deck requirements – Ask yourself these questions:
- Who are you targeted customer segments?
- What is your product or service?
- What is your Market Strategy?
- What is your competitive standing? – current and future.
- How will you profit? – Your business model.
- Who are the team? – Brief Background.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Tech-powered startups. Your idea should be inventive and tech-powered! In other words, your idea should focus on solving a problem and has room for growth with no geographic constraints.
- Concept in the seed stage- Your startup should be running on your proof of concept.
- A solid business plan – Your idea should be crystal clear! Showcase how your concept has a promising opportunity in the market.
- Female-led – It is the all about you ladies! But males are also welcome on the boat, as long as your team is 50% owned by females, then you are good to go!
You will be judged based on:
- The clarity of your business’s selling points
- Your understanding of your competitors and identification of your competitive advantage.
- Your business model should have solid and clear strategies to generate profit.
- A clear growth strategy and how you plan to scale up your product or service.
- Why your team is the right fit for delivering the proposed concept. What are their competencies?
NOTE: Your pitch must not exceed 5 minutes!
Don’t be overwhelmed! Because on the first day of the competition you will be practicing in the bootcamp, where all contestants will pitch their ideas to the panel of judges. You will receive valuable and constructive feedback, coaching and mentoring from the experts to fine-tune your pitch. The competition will start officially on the second day where you will be judged based on the criteria mentioned above.
That’s not all! The Power Pitch competition has promising prizes for the contestants!
- 2 business flight tickets to Dubai courtesy of Cathay Pacific
- Consulting session with Kooheji Systems
- 3 Months co-working space at Brinc Batelco IoT Hub
- Branding support courtesy of Obai & Hill
- Imtiaz For her gift box
- Lunch with a board member from Tenmou
- Hot desk access at the Bahrain FinTech Bay
- Rowad Essentials Package for 3 months from Rowad
- Consultancy or mentorship session at the Bahrain FinTech Bay
We don’t know about you but the prizes are tempting!
If you are not competing and are looking for some motivation, success stories, tips and tricks on how to elevate and bring your ideas to new levels from influential female-led leaders and experts, then the summit is your calling!
The event will be featuring 50 inspiring female keynote speakers across the region, panel discussions, one-on-one interviews and sharing their experiences – To name a few of the influential speakers, we have – Leena Al-Olaimy, Mary-Justine Todd, Hadyah Fathallah, Elissa Freiha, Hala Sulaiman, Mishael Ashemimry, Julie Alexandar, and many more!
But that’s not all; other attendees will also gain access to workshops, mentor sessions, networking and a whole lot of entertainment ranging from yummy treats to photo booths and more!
Ladies, If you have an inventive and a fresh, out-of-oven business idea and are ready to break out of your shell, then go ahead and register for the Power Pitch competition here!