Bahrain FinTech Bay (BFB), along with its strategic partner Standard Chartered Bahrain and in partnership with the Supreme Council for Women, recently organized the SC Women in Tech Incubation program and virtual challenge. The program was designed for female entrepreneurs in Bahrain to share their business ideas with the aim of establishing an online presence.
The challenge was open to both existing startups, as well as solo entrepreneurs who were required to work in teams for 54 hours and develop innovative business ideas.
The ten top-performing teams were then shortlisted to undergo an eight week long training module as part of the SC Women in Tech incubation program. During this period, all participants further polished and improved their business ideas to make them sustainable, technological, and FinTech-based solutions to any real world Health, Business Continuity, or Community related challenges.
During the final week of the training program, all 10 participants pitched their business ideas to a panel of experts. Five winners were declared based on the merit of their ideas. These were:
- ThePopupShop.co by Bahrain Popup Market: It is a multi-vendor online marketplace that accommodates artisans and creators of local handmade products.
- Tribepod: Tribepod is an online platform for corporates and freelancers to build teams and collaborate to explore different markets and growth opportunities.
- Mavi VR Studio: Just as the name suggests, Mavi VR Studio develops immersive VR environments to help customers experience the design of a space even before it is built. This way, the customers can make modifications in the original design as per their taste and preference in real-time.
- uRento: uRento is a platform for small to medium scale landlords to manage their properties using a single online service.
- My Gold Souq: This online platform connects customers with vendors in the gold souq. Customers can use this e-commerce portal to purchase gold bars, sell old gold, request gold jewelry repairs, and so on.
These top-5 winners received $10,000 each along with three months of residency at the Bahrain FinTech Bay.