Techcrunch’s Editor-At-Large, the entrepreneur, consultant, and writer John Biggs, is coming to Oman on November 9 to explore the region and to see what it has to offer to international investors and venture capitalists.
In addition to that, Biggs will also hold one of his patented and well-known MicroMeetups. There is no RSVP list, so every local entrepreneur who is interested in meeting him is invited at Sheraton Hotel in Muscat from 3 pm to 6:30 pm on November 9. However, if you want to pitch on stage, you need to register here.
Here are the rules that will come in handy if you plan to pitch at John’s MicroMeetup:
- If you do not receive a confirmation email, then, unfortunately, you are not among the chosen candidates to pitch.
- Eight companies will be chosen by Biggs to pitch.
- You have two minutes to pitch, and two more minutes for questions.
- There is no need to prepare any slides.
- The winner gets a free table at Disrupt Berlin.
- The second runner-up will receive a ticket to Disrupt Berlin.
Based in Brooklyn, New York, John Biggs defines himself as a maker, consultant, traveler, IT geek, entrepreneur, and consultant. Biggs has a background in IT, blockchain, and hardware startups. He authored five books so far, among which is one of the best-selling works on blogging, Bloggers Boot Camp. He also wrote a book titled Marie Antoinette’s Watch, about the most expensive timepiece ever made. His editorial work also appears in Gizmodo, CrunchGear, Men’s Health, Wired, and the New York Times. In addition to that, he also runs the Technotopia podcast talking about the future.